Blog Post 2

The person I will be interviewing is Lewis Clark, Jr., MPA, VP/Marketing, Corporate Communication, Digital Media at Vero Beach Medical Center. Mr. Clark attended the University of Florida earning a degree in Public Relations. He then attended Georgia Southern University and received his MA in Public Administration. Vero is a leading hospital and medical institute in Florida. I chose Mr. Clark because of my interest in working marketing in the medical field as well as my relationship from working with him as an intern this past summer.

I want to understand how Mr. Clark views his profession especially pertaining to communication and listening. Communication was such an important part of the job this summer. Not only to patients but between co workers and departments. I noticed how the public relations and marketing department had to have an understanding and communication with many different people around the hospital to accurately communicate with patients and people they were trying to reach. Mr. Clark talks about how marketing for a hospital gets complicated because you can’t sell someone “health” like you can sell a car. This is something I want to understand more clearly so when I start my professional career I can be an effective communicator.