The impact of employment and physical activity on academic performance

I loved this one! IT lead me to a wonderful hidden gem by the Clute Institute, where there wasn’t one single article, but a collection of many. I found these to be so insightful, I am a gym fanatic and I often find myself torn between homework time and gym time. This collection was brimming with information on different theories and studies done on how certain substances effect the body, and depending on which volume you venture into you’ll find a different aspect of their studies. The first one in particular that caught my eye was the one I happened to stumble on “The effects of caffeine on athletic performance” where in the abstract highlights of the article explain briefly the positives and negatives of the substance “Caffeine is classified as a stimulant and is the most commonly used drug in the world. Caffeine has the same affects that amphetamines and cocaine have, just to a lesser degree. Caffeine crosses the membranes of all the bodys tissues. It can exert effects on the central nervous system and the peripheral tissues that result in physiological effects.” (McDaniel 1) as a college student I am no stranger to coffee, so this one certainly beckoned my attention.

McDaniel, Larry W., Kyle McIntire, Carmyn Streitz, Allen Jackson, & Laura Gaudet. “The Effects Of Caffeine On Athletic Performance.” College Teaching Methods & Styles Journal (CTMS) [Online], 6.1 (2010): 33-38. Web. 27 Feb. 2016