Welcome to Workplace Discrimination!

In this blog, I will review mainly journal articles and sometimes news which focuses on racial discrimination in the workplace. These revisions will just be brief summaries of these academic articles. I will give the main findings of these academic articles and try to make it as easy as possible to understand. Therefore, it should be easier to understand how racial inequalities shape our society, especially in the workplace.

Workplace discrimination, according to Wikipedia, is “a form of discrimination based on race, gender, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, and gender identity by employers. Earnings differentials or occupational differentiation is not in and of itself evidence of employment discrimination.” In this website, I will just talk about racial discrimination in the workplace. I have covered some occupations so far, including sports, restaurant, university, and physician. Also, I introduce two articles about health problems related to racial discrimination. What’s more, I have some articles about general issues of racial discrimination, like subtle discrimination, the influence of racial discrimination to a company and the discrimination towards Asian American.

What needs to be noticed is that this blog only provides some of the findings from these fantastic research articles. If you are the person who is interested in the original papers and wants to find more evidence and details, you can click the link in the citation at the bottom of every post. It will lead you to the journal website and you can search for it on your own. Here is a short film that you can have some knowledge about the racism in the workplace before you read the rest of the posts.

Hope you can find something useful on this blog!