Final Visit to the Mayflower- Grace Marshall

The last visit to the Mayflower was definitely bittersweet, as I was disappointed that the semester was over and so was our Wednesday morning visits. I was happy though because I have made this wonderful relationship with Mrs. Greatwood, and I am excited to continue that relationship as I go through Rollins College. Mrs. Greatwood is one of the greatest people I have ever meet and I hope that we will continue to see each other. I have learned a lot, not only about technology but also about aging and myself just from theses visits and I am sad to see them end.
At our last visit, my RCC all got with their partners and sat in the Mayflower meeting room, where we reflected on our time together and what we learned. Each pair spoke about their partner and what they had learned from one another, but also just how grateful we all were for the other. Diane and I talked about the camcorder that Sami and I worked on for Mr. Greatwood, and then discussed how I helped Diane organize her pictures. But we discussed more than that. We talked about how we cherish the relationship that we’ve built and that it was beneficial to both of us.
Thanks to Rollins College and the Center for Community Engagement, I have built a bond with Diane that will last longer than just RCC. We are actually going to have breakfast together next week, and I am so very excited for that. I want to say that one of the reasons I love Rollins College is because they place importance on engaging the Winter Park community with their school, rather than just being focused on the college. An effort is clearly made to make a difference in the community, and without them, I never would have met Diane and I would never have the relationship I do now.