On Friday June 19th the library will be closed for in-person services and the facility will be in 24 mode all day. What does this mean for you in practice?
- The 1st, 3rd, and 4th floors will not be accessible, so most of the print collection will be unavailable.
- The main floor will be available to all users with a valid Rollins ID card.
- There will be no library staff working in the building on that day.
- The IT Help Desk and instructional technologists will work as normal and be available.
- The library website and all online resources will continue to function and be available as normal.
- There will be no research help assistance by e-mail, chat, or phone.
- No books or equipment may be checked out on 6/19, but items can be returned. No fines or fees will be assessed for that day.
- Interlibrary loan requests may be placed during this period but will not be processed. Printed ILL items may be returned but will not be available for pickup.
- Library services will end on Thursday 6/18 at 9 p.m. And most will resume again at 9 a.m. on Saturday 6/20.
This closure will enable the library staff to meet together for their annual retreat. This year we will be discussing communication and work styles, and continuing to develop our strategic plan.