It’s almost that time of the year again! Starting this weekend and lasting until May 9th, the Olin Library will be open 24 hours. This means that all four floors will be open after midnight. Access to the building after closing will be available to Rollins students and employees only via R-Card scanner, so be sure to have your ID handy.
- Sunday, 4/23/2017 – Tuesday, 5/9/2017: Building open 24 hours
- Tuesday, 5/9/2017 – Thursday, 5/11/2017: Library open until 12 midnight
- Friday, 5/12/2017: Library open normal Friday hours
- Saturday, 5/13/2017 – Sunday, 5-14/2017: Library closed for commencement
If you have any questions, you can visit our website, or contact us.
NASA just unveiled a new and searchable video, image, and audio library to the public. Is it comprehensive? No, but NASA will continue to add new and relevant content as it becomes available. Yes! Is it cool? YES! Check it out an let us know what you think. For more info visit https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-unveils-new-searchable-video-audio-and-imagery-library-for-the-public
Update: ProQuest databases are available again as of 3/1/2017. If you are still having trouble accessing them, you might need to clear your browser cache.
Due to a systemic outage of Amazon Web Services, all ProQuest databases are currently unavailable. This outage affects on and off campus access to all ProQuest databases, including:
- Historical Newspapers
- Research Library
ProQuest does not have an estimate for how long this downtime will last, but they are updating their Twitter feed as they make progress on fixing the outage. If you need research assistance, you can ask Your Librarian. We apologize for any inconvenience.
We will be upgrading our proxy server this Sunday, February 19th. This upgrade will temporarily make access to our databases unavailable. We expect the window of downtime to be between 8am-12pm, but it might be longer if there are problems with the upgrade.
Users on campus can still access out databases during this maintenance window. When clicking on the url of one of our resources, removing the proxy prefix (http://ezproxy.rollins.edu:2048/login?url=) should allow you to click straight through to the database.
If you have any questions or encounter any issues, you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Saturday, January 28th at 10:00 p.m. through Sunday, January 29th at 6:00 a.m., access to our ProQuest databases will be unavailable while the vendor performs routine maintenance.
Databases that will be affected by this downtime include:
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers
- ProQuest Research Library
We apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions, feel free to ask your librarian.
Jen with first book
Our friend Jen Atwell has come up with a great idea to celebrate reading on campus. Based on similar campaigns in Washington DC and London, Jen thought why not on campus?
Calling it Books at Rollins, once per month over the course of the Spring semester we will choose a book related to a campus event and leave ten copies of the book at random spots around campus. If you see one, pick it up and read a bit. Perhaps it grabs your attention, so take it with you to read. Once you are finished, leave it somewhere on campus for someone else to pick up and read.
But before you do, make sure you leave a photo on your favorite social network and use the hashtags #BooksatRollins and #RollinsCollege.
Copies of the first book, Dr. Martin Luther King’s Where Do We Go From Here, timed to coincide with the campus MLK Week events, are already out and about on campus.
Find it. Read it. Leave it.
Per Pat’s e-mail yesterday, IT will be conducting maintenance during the break, which will temporarily affect access to some library resources.
Throughout the break:
- Email and the library website will be available from off-campus the entire time – regardless of what is happening with the network.
- If you are on-campus during the network outages, then you will not be able to access email or the website from your office, but they will still be functioning.
- EZ-Proxy and this news blog will be down from 12 midnight-6:30am.
- The entire campus network will be down from 10am to 3pm for upgrades.
- IT will conduct a full disaster recovery test from 8am-12:30pm, which means the campus network will be up and down during this time frame. Please assume that you cannot access services during this time.
If you experience any problems over the break and need technical assistance, please contact the Help Desk. If the problem is not an emergency, leave a message via voice (407-628-6363) or email (email@example.com). A technician will contact you by the next day.
If the problem is an emergency, please call the Help Desk (407-628-6363) and follow the prompts to report an emergency. Your call will be returned shortly.
President Cornwell announced the following, “The holiday break will begin after the Holiday Luncheon on Friday, December 16, and the College will reopen on January 2, 2017.”
This means that during the holiday break:
- The main floor of the Olin Library is open 24/7 throughout the period.
- The online collections of the library are available 24/7. We have continued to add more access to online journals, e-books, and online video. You can find it all here and here.
- Access to all floors and regular library services are scheduled through noon on Friday 12/16/16 and resume at 7:45 a.m. on Monday 1/2/17. Details of our hours can be found here.
Your opinion counts! Beginning October 17th, we will send emails to randomly-selected students, faculty, and staff providing a link to a library service quality survey called LibQual+. As we plan for the future of Olin Library, it is important that we understand the perceptions and expectations of our campus community so that we can provide the services and resources you need to be successful. By taking the time to respond to the survey, you will provide essential information for us. All respondents will receive a coupon for a drink from the Bookmark Café, and you will be entered in a drawing to win an exciting prize! We would greatly appreciate your help and we thank you in advance for your participation.
Our vendor will be performing an upgrade to our ILLiad hosted server scheduled between 2-4pm today, September 12, 2016. However, this time frame is flexible and it could happen slightly outside of this time window.
The interlibrary loan website will be down during this time.
We anticipate that the system will be unavailable for 30 minutes or less. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.