Student Brooke Varney writes about the Olin Library in the Sandspur.
Olin Fox Day Hours and Services
- The Olin building will be open 24 hours as usual.
- The Checkout and Reserves Desk will be open during their regular hours. Please note that if you have any materials checked out that are due today, they are still due. You can contact Circulation at 407-646-2521 if you’d like to renew your books.
- The Research Help Desk will be staffed by a librarian from 5pm – 9pm.
- The IT Help Desk will have limited service until 5pm, and normal service after that.
- TJ’s Tutoring and Writing Consulting: In the spirit of Fox Day, peer tutors and writing consultants will take the day off. Scheduled appointments today will not meet unless the tutor or consultant contacts his/her clients via e-mail offering to meet with them.
Take a look at this PowerPoint summary of the results of the mystery shopping we conducted in Olin Library during the fall of 2014. Mystery Shoppers Results.
On April 1, Olin Library celebrated its Annual Edible Book Contest. Participants dropped off their entries in the Olin Library Lobby in the morning and judging occurred later that day. This year, Dr. MacKenzie Ryan, Art History, and Anna Lohaus, Instructional Design, served as judges. Awards were given for People’s Choice, Artistic and Humor. Winners were: Maze Runner, People’s Choice; The Gift, Humor; The Little Prince, Artistic. More pictures are available on the Olin Library Facebook Page.
We look forward to next year’s contest.
The library recently administered a survey of its resources, services and space to a selected group of our users. Four names were selected from those individuals who completed the survey. They each were awarded a $50 Amazon gift card. The winners were announced this week. They were: Alexa Gordon, Daniel Garcia, Jacqueline Wright and Paula Naranjo.
Thanks to everyone who submitted feedback. We appreciate your time and input to make Olin Library better.