I can’t believe that I only have a few more days until I leave for Japan.  It’s a surreal feeling knowing that I’ll be leaving for Japan soon.  I’ve wanted to go to Japan since I was in middle school (probably even elementary school), and I can’t believe that I’m almost there.  I’ve started talking to my speaking partner, and it makes me more excited to get to Japan.  I have piles scattered around my room of things that I’ll be bringing with me.  Other than putting everything in my bags, I don’t have too much to do left.

As excited as I am to study abroad, I’m nervous at the same time.  This is the first time I’ve been away from my family for this long.  While I will miss my family, I also think that this will be an amazing experience.  I know that I’ll have a lot of fun when I get there.  Once I have free time, I have no idea where I would want to see first!  There’s so many places that I want to visit while I’m in Japan that I would have no idea where to start.  Although, even if I only travel to Osaka and Kyoto, I’d be happy to have even seen a little bit of the country.