There are two main options for adding media to your MediaSpace: You may simply upload media to your My Media or you may specify a specific channel in MediaSpace to upload to.
- Kaltura My Media is a general repository for your uploaded media. My Media can be accessed in MediaSpace or on your Blackboard “Rollins” homepage (see separate link for instructions regarding uploading to My Media).
- Channels may be used to organize videos in MediaSpace, and channels may have several “members” who may publish videos.
Add Media to a Channel (MediaSpace)
- Login to MediaSpace.
- At the top toolbar, click My Channels.
- Click the channel you’d like to upload to.
- Click the blue Add to Channel button.
- Click Add New near the middle of the screen (not the one the top-right!)
- Click Media Upload.
- Click Choose a file to upload and choose the media file you wish to upload.
- Fill out the Name, Description, and Search Tags for the media.
- Choose a Privacy Setting.
- Private: Ensures that the video will only be visible to you.
- Unlisted: The video will not be searchable, but others may view the content if you provide them with a link.
- Published: The video will be visible and searchable to other users.
- Click Save at the bottom to finalize these settings.