You have the option to add co-editors and co-publishers to videos owned by you (by default, these are videos that you’ve uploaded). Co-editors have video editing powers, while co-publishers may publish the video in Blackboard.
- Navigate to your video in My Media (through either Blackboard or MediaSpace).
- To the right of the video, click Edit.
- Under the view preview, click Collaboration.
- Under Media Co-Editors and Co-Publishers, click + Add Collaborator.
- A pop-up window will open. Add the username in the field next to “Enter a Collaborator.”
Note: Be sure to ask for the collaborator’s username, as guessing may lead to an incorrect username.
- Specify if the collaborator will be a co-editor, co-publisher, or both.
- Co-Editors have editing rights and are able to trim, clip, add captions to, etc. videos.
- Co-Publishers can embed the video in Blackboard.
- Click Add at the bottom right of the pop-up window.
- Under Media Co-Editors and Co-Publishers there will be a list of the current collaborators and some options to the right.
- – Edits the user’s current permissions.
- – Removes the current user from the current video.
When a Co-Publisher publishes a video, they will need to click “View Media I Own” and change it to “Media I Can Publish.”
For more reference on using the media in Blackboard, see the following tutorial: Access your Kaltura Media.