Below are the steps for options to include your videos in your Blackboard course, or simply download the video to your computer.
- Link the Video from a Media Gallery
- Embed the video in a content area in your Blackboard course
- Embed the video within a Discussion or Assignment in your Blackboard course
Link the Video from a Media Gallery
The Media Gallery tool allows you to group videos together for ease of access. For information on setting up a Media Gallery in your course, click here.
- Navigate to the relevant Media Gallery.
- Click “+ Add Media” to the right.
- Scroll through your media and click the check box to the left of each video you’d like to include.
- Click “+ Publish” to the right.
- Your videos will appear in the Media Gallery for student consumption.
To Embed Video in a Content Area in Your Blackboard Course:
- Log into your Blackboard account.
- Go to the course in which you intend to embed a video.
- Navigate to the Course Documents folder.
- Under the Build Content dropdown, under the Mashups subheading, select Kaltura Media.
- Click on the Filters button.
- In the third column, select Media I Can Publish.
- Find the video you intend to embed and click Select to the right of its preview thumbnail.
- Enter a title for your selected video.
- At the bottom right corner of the page, click Submit.
- You will be redirected to the Course Documents folder, where you should now find your video successfully embedded.
To Embed a Video in a Discussion, Assignment, or Blank Page:
- Log into Blackboard.
- Navigate to the course in which you want to use the video.
- Ensure Edit Mode by the top-right is On. You may toggle Edit Mode on and off by clicking the grey button.
Note: In the picture, Edit Mode is ON, meaning the user is ready to create an assignment.
- Navigate to the page or assignment you wish to embed your video in. Refer here for information on creating an assignment.
- If you have not done so already, click the Expand button at the top-right of the content editor.
- Click Mashups.
- Click Kaltura Media.
- A pop-up will open. If you are posting a video you don’t own but have co-publishing rights to, click “View Media I Own” and select “Media I Can Publish.”
- Navigate to your desired video and click Select under the preview thumbnail.
- The pop-up will close and your video will be inserted into its relevant page. When you are ready, scroll down and click Submit to finalize your changes.