Kaltura allows you the option of recording from a webcam or directly from your screen. To record with a webcam, ensure you have an internal or external webcam installed. You do not need any special installations to record from your screen.
Record from Your Screen
- Log into Blackboard.
- Click My Media.
- Click Add New at the top-right.
- Click Screen Recording.
- Click Launch the screen recorder.
- You may receive one or multiple prompts asking to enable Java, which is required for Kaltura to function. Allow Java to run.
- A dotted-lined box with a menu (pictured below on the left) will appear. Once you start recording, it will change into a red box (pictured below on the right) will appear and everything within that box will be recorded.
- Name your video and click Upload.
- Once the upload is complete, click Close.
- In the original window, you will be prompted to add a Description, search Tags, and whether or not to set your video to Private (available to you only) or Published (public). Once you are finished, click Save.