Create a Turnitin Assignment
- Log in to Blackboard and navigate to your course.
- Navigate to the content area (i.e. Course Documents) you’d like to post the assignment in.
- Make sure that Edit Mode is turned on before attempting to make any changes.
- Hover your cursor over the gray Assessments bar underneath your content area title and click Turnitin Assignment.
- You may see a Turnitin User Agreement after opening the assignment. If so, make sure to read the terms of the agreement and select I Agree–Continue if you agree and wish to proceed.
- You will be prompted to select an assignment type. Click Next Step after choosing the assignment type.
- Please note that the first time you create a Turnitin Assignment, you will only have the option to create a Paper Assignment. Once you have at least one paper assignment in your Blackboard course, you will have the options to select a Paper Assignment, PeerMark Assignment, or Revision Assignment.
- Assign a Title for the assignment. If this is a graded assignment, also assign a Point Value.
- Ensure Allow only file types that Turnitin can check for originality is marked to make use of Turnitin’s originality checker.
- Specify the Start Date (when the assignment is first available), the Due Date, and the Post Date (when the assignment’s GradeMark will be posted, indicating the originality checker’s results).
- Click Optional Settings for access to many specific settings that will help you tailor the assignment to fit your preferences.
- Clicking the blue question marks will give you more information on specific settings.
- Once you have completed updating the settings, ensure you have entered the correct information and click Submit at the bottom.
- You will be notified upon successful creation of the assignment. Click Ok to return to the Blackboard course area.