- Select the course that you want to create an assignment in.
- Navigate to the section where you want to place the assignment.
- Ensure Edit Mode by the top-right is On. You may toggle Edit Mode on and off by clicking the grey button.
Note: In the picture, Edit Mode is ON, meaning the user is ready to create an assignment.
- Click on the Assessments tab.
- Select Assignment.
- Fill out the assignment’s Name, Instructions, Points Possible, and any additional field if necessary. Remember that any assignments you create on Blackboard will have an auto-created column in the grade book.
- Click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
If you wish to edit any of the assignment’s content or parameters:
- Move your mouse cursor over the assignment and click the chevron that appears.
- A menu will appear. Click Edit.