Add a Web Link Within a Blackboard Course
- Log into Blackboard and navigate to your course.
- Navigate to the section you’d like to insert the link (e.g. Course Documents).
- Click Build Content.
- Click Web Link.
- Enter in the link Name (how it will appear to students in Blackboard) and the URL (e.g. http://www.rollins.edu).Note: The full URL is required, including the “http://”. You may copy and paste the link from your browser’s address bar to easily get the full URL.
- Leave the box next to “This link is to a Tool Provider” unchecked.
- Scroll down until you see Web Link Options.
- Ensure “Open in New Window” is set to Yes.
- Scroll all the way down and hit Submit.
Add a Web Link to the Course Menu (Left-Hand Toolbar)
- Follow the instructions here, ensuring that you select Web Link and enter the full URL, as in Step 6 above.