Export and Import Course Content in Blackboard
Part 1: Course Export
- Log into Blackboard at https://blackboard.rollins.edu/ and navigate to your course that contains the content you would like to export.
- Under Course Management, select Packages and Utilities.
- In the drop down menu, select Export/Archive Course.
- In the middle section, select Export Package.
- Under section 3, Select Course Materials, select the content you want to import to your new course. Click Select All if you want to import all of the features to the new course.
- Once you’ve finished making your selections, select Submit. A green highlighted box saying “Success: This action has been queued” will appear on the top of the page to let you that the export process has begun.
Part 2: Download Course Export
- If successful, Blackboard will email you letting you know that your export is done. You can then navigate back to the course and return to Course Management. Select Packages and Utilities and then select Export/Archive Course. (Steps 2 – 4 in Part 1)
- Locate the export file listed under File Name.
(If you have multiple export files, check the Date Created to make sure you download the most recent export).
- Click on the Export File link to download the file.
(Please note: The file downloaded needs to be a zip file. If the zip file opens in the download folder, this will not work. The file needs to stay in its zipped format. One workaround if this happens is to try again with a different browser. You can also right-click the Export File link to use the save as option.)
Part 3: Import Course
- Go to https://blackboard.rollins.edu/ and sign in. Navigate to the course that you will be importing the content to (i.e., your blank course without content).
- Under the Control Panel, select Packages and Utilities.
- This time, select Import Package / View Logs.
- Click on the Import Package button.
- In the next screen, under Select a Package , select Browse My Computer. Find the file and then select Open.
- Under Select Course Materials, make the same selections that you did when exporting the course.
- Select Submit. Blackboard will notify you via email when the import has finished. It should also alert you if there had been any errors.