Top ten songs of the 80’s

There were many different songs that came out during the 80’s and few were able to make the top ten of the 80’s. The following list is each song and the artist.

images-1

1. Billie Jean by Michael Jackson
  2. Livin’ on a Prayer by Bon Jovi
  3. I’ve been Losing You by A-ha
  4. Sweet Child of Mine by Guns N Roses
  5. Beat It by Michael Jackson
  6. Alone by Heart
  7. Take On Me, by A-Ha
  8. Every Breath You Take by The Police
  9. Don’t Stop Believin’ by Journey
  10. Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne

I thought it was very interesting to see how a lot of these songs from the 80s all have remained popular today. They are available via iTunes and I see them on commercials, movies, and shows all the time. When I looked through the list I realized that I knew the majority of these songs but couldn’t pinpoint exactly the first time I heard any of them. It seems I grew up with these songs and they have become a part of the popular culture.

I’m also not surprised that Michael Jackson has two of the top ten songs on this list; his music is some of the most recognized throughout the world. Even though he is not alive, he is still the number one biggest selling artist in the world, holding the record for the most number of record sales (more than 51 million records) for his Thriller album. He is commonly referred to as the “King of Pop” and is one of the most well-known artists out there—the dances and performances he had are still popular today and people still try to learn his moonwalk and dance moves.

One thought on “Top ten songs of the 80’s

1. What source does this list come from? I have never heard of number 3 before. If you are gonna talk about A-ha, then the song is “Take on Me,” which was also an incredibly innovative music video.