“Research has shown that optimism plays an important role in adaptation to new educational environments”. For the most part this sentence sums up the 20 page article. I classify this article as little different than the ones I have read in the past. Of course, it talks about how first year students who transition into college will come into contact with many levels of stress and things that will seem familiar to them but now, it is presented to them on a bigger scale. This article also talks about mental health and how first-year students struggles to find a balance between all their studies, adjusting to college and trying to find a social life. This article goes on to talk about test that they held at a college and the results. The test varied from levels of optimism mixed with different levels of stress and anxiety. I found the test to not only be informal and helpful but it also made me think to open my eyes and look for what people are not saying. They might be very positive. However, they might still be carrying a lot of stress or anxiety on their back. I think that this was a great article and I am happy to have another new perspective.

Mergler, Amanda, and Peter Bowman. “Article Managing the Transition: The Role of Optimism and …” ResearchGate. N.p., June 2013. Web. 28 Oct. 2016.