All Wrapped Up

So today was the last day of our Intersession course, bringing our learning experience on the topics of hunger and homelessness to an end. However, it would be an injustice to forget about the things we saw and talked about during this week, so we created action plans in order to give a purpose to our new awareness.

On a personal level, I made my action plan to continue to remember the issues of homelessness and talk about it with people who may have misconceptions about people living on the streets in order to correct the stereotypes. On a group level, we discussed action we can take both on campus and in our surrounding community. Finally, we came up with an action plan on a societal level; We all agree that we hope to one day hold occupations that truly make a difference in the world and don’t ignore social issues.

I would like to leave you with a couple videos of one of our discussions during the week that sum up a lot of the surprising things we learnt and the serious truths revealed to us.

Video – Discussion Part 1

Video – Discussion Part 2

My last fun fact for the week: One of the things I would really love to do at some point in my life would be to run a rescue for neglected/abandoned horses.

Bye for now! (I will hopefully update this blog in the months to stay current on the issues and let you know how the action plans are panning out.)

~Becca

This entry was posted in Uncategorized by rahamilton@rollins.edu. Bookmark the permalink.
rahamilton@rollins.edu

About rahamilton@rollins.edu

Hi, I'm Becca, a sophomore at Rollins College majoring in Marine Biology. I was born and raised in Scotland, UK, and although I have been living in Florida since 2006, you can hear my accent slip out every once in a while. My passions and hobbies include wildlife conservation, photography, guitar, horse-back riding, and reading. Thanks to the Cornell Scholarship, I have had the privilege of attending this wonderful institution, which I know will open up a world of experiences to me, making next years the best of my life.