Motherhood.

The work we did today was a lot different from the manual labor we’ve been doing.

If there’s one demographic of people that can always make an emotional impact, it’s children. And that’s just who we worked with today. We went to the Orlando Coalition for the Homeless. After a short tour of the extensive facilities, we set up some arts and crafts for the kids.

We didn’t even have to do extensive recruiting – the mothers just came pouring in with their adorable children. There was picture frame painting, jewelry making, bookmark decorations, and plenty of love going around. The kids were undoubtedly the cutest little humans, with paints all over their faces and clothes but absolutely loving it.

It was sad because I realized that they don’t often get to do fun things for themselves, don’t get to have a normal childhood. The children always manage to extract sympathy and understanding from even the most stoic people, because of their obvious innocence and endless cuteness. And yet they don’t have a stable home, stable surroundings, consistent caregivers. It was heartbreaking.

I really enjoyed watching Becca Kleinman discover her motherly nature. She is going to be the most adorable mother ever.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized by Ariella Lvov. Bookmark the permalink.
Ariella Lvov

About Ariella Lvov

Hello, my name is Ariella and I'm a freshman at Rollins College (at least at this point. If you're reading this in the future, I'm most likely not a freshman anymore. Unless I pull a Van Wilder). Currently, I'm double majoring in political science and music. I come from a very musical family and have been playing the piano for 13 years now. Although I was born here, my heritage becomes really obvious the moment I get a phone call from my mother and start babbling to her speedily in the wonderfully Slavic language called Russian. Through the generosity of the Cornell scholarship, I am able to attend my top choice institution and take advantage of opportunities that would've never been available to me if not for Rollins.