Expanding my Horizons

After tonights dinner and reflections I believe that my previous post might have been a bit premature to say the least. Given past promises at the conclusion of service events past I was quick to “jump the gun”, but after tonights presentation I think that it would be wise for me to reconsider the projected outcome.

With that said the self proclaimed act of service that I have agreed upon has been the expansion of service  based volunteers by using both the bracelets that we constructed with bright eye catching colored beads. The other will be through the various organization that I am already apart of and any in the foreseeable future. Not only will this help garner new citizens of change, but will enable me to step out of my comfort zone and enable real progress to be made internally .

This entry was posted in Uncategorized by ntorres@rollins.edu. Bookmark the permalink.
ntorres@rollins.edu

About ntorres@rollins.edu

Hi my name is Nelson Torres. I am currently a sophomore, majoring in International Relations. One look at me and you can tell that I am not the normal college student. I spent 9 years in the Marine Corps and after realizing my passion for helping others on missionary trips in south east Asia I decided to make the leap and get out of the military to pursue a degree that would enable me to make the greatest impact. Leadership is what brought me here to Rollins and in the future I hope to make a global impact with the knowledge I receive.